Saturday, December 01, 2007

Science and Art

I have talked about science a few times on my blog recently and I have used it as an example in the past to talk about God. My views of science and math are slowly eroding, especially in my last post. Its cold calculated shell is long gone for me. It is slowly becoming perceived as almost an art and a philosophy within its own little world. It is something that has details slowly being worked out, as if it is a drawing. As if it is an art by which People are tracing the lines of God's creation.

I look at the past only to see that this is how science and math were seen at one time. Not apart but related and inseperable to religion/art. Sir Isaac Newton wrote on religion as much as physics. Leibniz wrote on infinity and the infinite perfection of the world that God created as well as infinitesimals (dx), integrals, and Calculus. I am wondering if this view of science is meant to bring me full circle so that my mind is content to put together the things of God into art, more so than His creation into something. This may mean going another route than my science related career. I plan to pursue this more over winter break. I shall not neglect my other plans either; Graduate school in my science related career. I have doors opening but I really wish to see one open here. I wish to knock some more and see the way open further. I have seen the door open wider for fighting sin. I am seeing God act but I am not content with just that. I need Him also.

The door may not open in this direction for me but I wish it to. Yet, His plans will be for my good. I would like to call out that the way forward is too narrow and uncertain but I know it is wide, defined, and gracious enough towards me by faith. I plan on releasing some of my writings of a christian novel (100 pages are written so far) to a friend asking for His critical judgments of my endeavor. If I should force myself forward, in the full force of conviction. I have the calling to write by God but I do not know to what end.

No comments: