Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Confession of Lacking Compassion

I don't have enough compassion. I don't necessarily factor others into my prayers very often. My own relation with God is good. Yet, I need to relate more and more with others. I need to grow further into the body of Christ. Grace has been poured out by such. Yet, not just horizontally but vertically. I know that in some non-biblical sense of this aim: Where there is a will, there is a way. I need more compassion for there to be a way. I need more of a will.

I know what part of the body of Christ that I belong to. I am seeing I am not meant to stand alone, even if my giftings allow for it much more easily. It may have been good for a time but that time is has now past. (I cannot attribute my perspectives to my church or any theological laziness on my part.) I wish that I can see the value of others in my life more, not just close friends but all friends and people. I need to think along these lines: "Why should I let others stand alone? Especially when I see that I shouldn't. Before and after Christ" I have a heart at times. I know it is not weak or faint. It is rather far from constant. It is far from what it aught to feel most times. It needs to be informed of its weakness. This comes across in evangelism or the lack thereof. My compassion only is fostered once an event has already been started. This lack of compassion comes across in my short attention span for small talk and most talk with people. I wrote this confession cause I need to inform myself of the truth as much as I need grace. I shall boast in my weaknesses so that the power of grace shall dwell in me.

No comments: