Friday, December 21, 2007

Not Quite Right 2

Hmmm, Who would have thought that reading about God's judgment of the world, in Ezekiel, today would have help me make sense of my feelings. At least for sin in general. It seems so very odd. I have long since given up on second guessing things that seem counter-intuitive. Some people think these sections of the bible are only there to condemn. Some people think that hell or at least God's judgment is only to scare unbelievers. Far from it, everything in the Bible is meant for Christians. It is eternal. It is not so christians can self-righteously look down on those under judgment. It is so we can cast ourself in with that lot and cry "Be mercy on me a sinner." Or know that we are of that lot to fully know the extent of grace. It is so we can look to Christ and make sense of this world.
I still need to spend more time in the word.

No comments: