Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I choose you 2.

For some reason, God indicated for me to read 2 Corinthians 4-8 earlier. I had forgotten what it had said. I don't feel that it was corrective but we have this ministry as we have received mercy. We need to plow straight the word of God.

We should not tamper with the word or practice cunning. I could be more cunning in crafting my free will argument but I should not press it. I have been crafty enough to try to disprove it. We should commend ourselves to everyone's conscience by doing what is right. I don't wish to disprove it anymore lest I ruin a hearer. I should resonate with Paul.

"Even if our gospel is veiled, it is only veiled to those who are perishing. In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."

Let us rather say with Him. "Let the light shine out of darkness," as he has shone (forth) in our hearts to give light to the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus. We are but jars of clay. We tend to be impure and easily broken. We should not care as long as the light is allowed to shine out of the darkness. This will expose truth and error more than anything. Arminianism contains some darkness if it is in error. I believe this darkness is the tendancies that overlap works and grace. Let us show works and grace are separate and men shall see that they cannot contribute. They shall see Calvinism.

Finally, we who know the things of light aught to walk in them. I must look at myself before I even should try to correct another believer. Not because I know and feel that I am right, but because it must be something that gives grace to the hearer. It must be for their good.

I think recognizing that we have no part; it is all grace; is a good thing. I will talk about doctrine that I believe shows this. It can perhaps be seen outside hence it is not essential. The Holy Spirit provides the best framework to see this grace. Yet, I don't feel that it can be seen doctrinally consistent without Calvinism. I am thinking this was in response to the "where's the beef article". It was showing me that its the gospel first and foremost is that makes people better. Theology is meant only for the prevention of illness. It is not a cure. It follows that part 1 should point people to christ. Not away as the good shepherd of our souls.

No comments: