Friday, November 02, 2007

Character III

I liked talking to Josh at Care group about my spiritual growth over the last year. Or at least His perception of it in my life. I see my growth happening much earlier than he has seen. His perception seems to go hand and hand with my openess about myself. I am sure some of my spiritual growth was hidden from view. It was hidden under a lamp stand. Few people know my inner spiritual life. I am going to let more people in on the secret. Being smart lets one skirt answers without revealing much. Seriousness keeps the conversation at times merely theological. It is from here that it was easy to not be misleading but keep what one wishes to reveal about themself limited. Only to deal with things rather than issues. God is showing my necessity for transparency. I hope humility follows it.

Ephesians 3

11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them; 12 for it is disgraceful even to speak of the things which are done by them in secret. 13 But all things become visible when they are exposed by the light, for everything that becomes visible is light. 14 For this reason it says,
“Awake, sleeper,
And arise from the dead,
And Christ will shine on you.”


Who will awaken and arise with me to see Christ shine in his brilliance? Let the morning brighten as the clouds depart.

I might plan on doing accountability with someone. I think it would be helpful now more than ever. God is still at work to change me. This is the newest thing to reveal. He is also at work in dealing with my lusts but that is more complicated. It has tried my patience always. Especially when trying to rely upon grace. If that means anything to you all.

No comments: