Friday, November 16, 2007

The Benefits of Being Young and Single

I have had some time considering what to do with my career. I realized that I am single and young. I will have a degree in a field that is in high demand. Nothing can change that. Any decision I make about my career can't be a bad one since this remains true regardless. Furthermore, any decision that I make can't be a wrong one either because of God's sovereignty. I am not scapegoating wrong decisions. It is just that wrong ones will teach me something I would need to learn. What remains is that I make a choice that really reflects my own priorites rather than priorities that others have for me. I need to merely make a choice that God has ordained and blessed. I can thank God that It is not limited by me growing old or being tied to a new family. These things are good but I am not quite ready. Perhaps shortly I will be.

No comments: