Sunday, October 14, 2007

Reformation and Repentance

I was quite immature at Anthem, like I have never been before in my life. I am not quite sure what came over me. I am usually too serious to do this kind of stuff. Some of this sin was from vanity. Some of it came from the large amount of suger and caffiene consumed.

Here is a list of my offenses:
1)Snorting crushed sweet-tarts
2)Ramming canoes at slow speeds
3)Rolling a place with TP by myself (in retaliation).
4)Throwing tic-tacs at someone.
5)Pulling a chair out from under someone as they were sitting down
6)Putting tatter tots in my pocket and eating them later in front of people. Like Napoleon Dynamite.
7)Having a quiet time precariously perched up on a high rock, just for the fun of it.
8)Burning candy with a candle till it caught on fire.
9)Eating burnt candy
10)Jumping on the low Burning coals of the bondfire... Multiple times.

I am sure I am forgeting something. My sin was active but luckily it was limited in its effect to others. I felt the need to appologize to the person for the chair prank. I think some of this is in response to a prayer a while ago that I see the difference between reformation and repentance. I have been a christian for a long time. I grew up in a 'christian' home. There was much reforming of my actions.

Yet, this is not the same as repentance. This means my sin and the cause often hides beneath a white washed veneer. It was in this state of prior reformation that I was saved. I'm still seeing refined sins appear out of nowhere and shift to another place that is restained by only inhibitions. Furthermore, my shy personality and my introverted nature kept certain sins at bay. This has changed a bit. The cause of sin often hid behind my inhibitions rather than convictions against sin.

Now, we can all see the evils of indwelling sin. One can think it is dealt with only to see that it returns because it hides under everything but convictions. It hides for a time, behind mere choices and inhibitions rather than real repentance. This is the depravity that I have seen in my own person as of late. The heart is deceitful above all things. Furthermore, I see that sin likes shifting its outlet when it is seen. Lust to sloth to lust to an additive personality to vanity to immaturity to lust again. Anthem was an extention of this rollercoster of shifting sin in my life. This is a strange period. I see my potential sins and tendancies outside of christ. I also see my reliance on Christ. I need to pray for real repentance from some of these potential sins. So that they don't take root. I can't say that I like the person that I was on Friday.

No comments: