Monday, October 29, 2007

Abortion

I usually restrict my topics to things that are Godward. I regret to inform the evils of the world tug at my heart to tell you my view about this topic. Here is my view. Its alive.


Now, What I find strange is there aught to be medical definition for the begining of life that is like the end of life. We can declare a person dead when they have no heartbeat, no brain waves, and aren't moving. Yet, we can't even declare them alive with rights at 4-5 months with all these things. This applies to 10% of abortions.

This is not even the best medical standard to apply for life. I always think it is better to play it safe when it comes to life. This is even true for death. Doctors don't give up on someone when resuscitating people unless the potential to live meaningfully is gone. If this standard is applied retroactively, it means that rights start at conception. Why should we give up on them? I personally favor this definition. I have not even dogmatically defined when life starts. Yet, it aught to be valued so much that this should not matter. I have not even touched the religious aspects of abortion. There is far more red meat against it there.

Luckily there is also grace for those who have had them. It comes christ and him crucified. He will never leave his children. His efforts are never... well... abortive. He will certainly comfort those in need, forgive, and cleanse people of all ungodliness. Call on him and he will answer. Even the murderer, Paul found grace. You can be forgiven completely.

Perhaps you were born out of due time yourself. Or even, you aught not to have been born at all. This applies to real life. I was 6 weeks premature and in ICU for 3 days before even being held by my parents. Perhaps if born to parents in the past, I would have died.

Now, an untimely birth may also apply to conversion. Have you considered this? You were born again when you aught not to have been. Your sins may be great. Maybe, the regular means for a person to become a christian weren't in your life. Your family doesn't go to church. You don;t have christian friends. Or maybe you become a christian by means apart from what you see as normal in your life. Maybe there is a flyer, a solitary stranger, or a small bible verse pasting by in your own little world. It was by no means impressive. It talked of things aught not be persuasive but were. Oh, how the natural world would reject this idea. Yet, it was more than an idea for it became real and it lives. Let, men continue to be born when they aught not to be. Especially if it is not wanted. It is god's providence, in life and in spirit.

No comments: