Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Confession of Oversensitivity

Ok, it should be clear by now that I am probably oversensitive emotionally. Not to criticism though only in a few emotions. They have been dulled before in the past but it seems i've let them go free.

They have been put off and neglected, as much as I could, for I was an insecure person. I was the kid who would get angry on a whim. I was the kid who would cry for an hour without knowing, or forgetting why. These things have gone away with age. Yet, there is still one or two things I'm overly sensitive about. First, it is vainity and my reputation. I'm trying to kill that.

The second thing is to love and to friendship. It is a recent change. This is kind of strange cause I was a loner. Yet now, I have a best friend who can send me into a state of estatic joy pretty quickly. I just kind of shut down in bliss. I'm kind of embarassed about it. Maybe its some kind of mania. I have stayed up because of it tonight. It has also begun happening toward God recently. It is an interesting new emotion. Maybe its temporary. It isn't all bad though. I never valued friends before. I now understand that I don't have the social skills to make use of this powerful emotion on a wider scale. Maybe its suppose to make me develope them.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Dave, you'll want that in marriage...