Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Confession: Fearing God.

I have recently been convicted of something I have been failing to do. It is fearing God. It is not from some misbelief of who he is. Or a misbelief of what fearing God looks like. It is really from something in my heart. That is to say that it is a heart-issue. (I really don't like using that word. Maybe because it appears so cheese-ified.) I have not made it a practice to be aware of God's continual presense. Yet, I know it to be true. He exists everywhere and no-where. All things are sustained by the power of God. I also know in part, the feeling of awe and holiness of God and their relation to His presense. Yet, these are not brought to bear on everyday life. Self-sufficency and past enlightenment have served to make me act like an atheist. Past events and present circumstances don't help forward a relationship. They bring forth only the status quo.

Next, I have not made it a practice of seeking out and submitting to his authority and his care he would have for me throughout the day. Occationally, it is clear that this care consists of hearing and being feed by the gospel. Yet, this is a result of fearing God. I will work on it a little bit.

There is something interesting about the fear of God that I thought today. That is for the next post.

No comments: