Thursday, May 17, 2007

Contemplating baptism

I have recently been contemplating the ideas and doctrines behind baptism. I hate to say it but these are often not on par with other exigesis in scripture. For Presbyterians and For baptists and let us not forget Charismatics. This was brought to my attention at VQ 06 and sorta resolved. I have come back to contemplate it since a year ago. FV/AAT has brought the issue of baptism up again when I stumbled into their hermantic when looking at problems with NPP.

It is more of an issue for my theology to fit together since I am charismatic, reformed, and a baptist. If Water baptism and regeneration are too closely tied to covenantal theology (grace/sign) of administration. Spiritual baptism becomes a wierd uncle in short because it is a baptism that is not linked to covenant theology, or even the other two baptists, by any stretch of the imagination. The problem is elsewhere. Man-made Theology then has made it such that the inerrant book of Ephesians in the bible falls on its face when it states one faith, one god, and one baptism.

I plan on discussing baptism in a long series.

No comments: