Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pride and Prejudice

I feel that I have pride that arises against authors I should agree with. It is a prejudice towards those I should find a lot of common ground. I have higher expectations of authors than what should be warranted. I form these expectation on the basis of their name and reputation. Some people pump up authors to. This does not help me. My mind easily sees them fall and I end up seeking further disagreements. I do not envy their position though but do become uncharitable. I read a book with an expectation of the author rather than the expectation that God will meet me. And reveal Himself to me.

I am trying to be earnest here. There is something about being earnest. I feel I should let go of this and be gone with the wind by seeking the spirit. I need to say to my expectations Who is Paul, Who is Apollos, and of course say to Scarlet; Frankly my Dear, I don't give a damn.

No comments: