Sunday, July 06, 2008

Growing up like a tree planted by streams of water


I feel as though I am becoming more sanctified. I don't want to boast. It is not my doing. Oh, how I wish to root out the idols that I attribute it to other than God. I want to root out the one that thinks my best friend has helped in some fashion, rather than God doing it all. I may bring forth fruit but I also feel this branch cannot naturally. I would be a barren tree without God.

God has restored my soul from its drought. He has grafted me into christ. I now sit near pleasant waters. Now Satan has changed his tactic. He wishes to wash away the gains in a deluge. My heart struggles. I wish that my heart rested on God alone but it has not. It has wandered greatly. I am a wretched sinner. It is not lust right now but oh... I wish it were that simple. I am caught up in my own idolatrous passions. I was blindsided by these last two entangling sins. Satan has merely shown more of his hand. God shall overcome my sin and faith shall overcome the world. I shall continue to grow up like a tree planted by streams of water. This is because of God's good pleasure not my efforts.

No comments: