Thursday, January 25, 2007

Theologian quiz

I ended up taking this quiz. I got these results:


You scored as Anselm. Anselm is the outstanding theologian of the medieval period.He sees man's primary problem as having failed to render unto God what we owe him, so God becomes man in Christ and gives God what he is due. You should read 'Cur Deus Homo?'

Anselm

100%

Karl Barth

93%

Martin Luther

87%

John Calvin

67%

Jonathan Edwards

60%

Friedrich Schleiermacher

53%

Paul Tillich

33%

Charles Finney

33%

Jürgen Moltmann

33%

Augustine

33%

Which theologian are you?
created with QuizFarm.com


Conclusion:This quiz is not that great at distinguishing between theologians. Barth certainly was Reform minded but there is no question to differentiate atonement. That means what is Barthian might be actually be reformed or calvinistic. The same could be said with Luther and Calvin. I am closer to Calvin than Luther on theology but it doesn't shows.

Finally, I do lean toward Anselm on certain things. These involve original sin and atonement. Most reformed people do to! They weren't just linked to Anselm. My final question is how did Augustine get ranked near the bottom with a Pelagrian like Charles Finney. I know where my differences lie with Augustine. They were not reflected in the questions.